Please note: The post below is from 2014. To find family-friendly activities for New Year’s Eve 2015 (to ring in 2016), please visit our latest post!
Disclosure: I’m a SeaWorld Wildside blogger. I receive complimentary passes for my family and other perks throughout the year. All opinions are mine.
Ringing in the New Year isn’t just for grown ups. Kids love watching the ball drop just as much as (more than?!) we do. Here are some ways for kids and families to welcome 2015 to San Antonio in style!
Celebrate San Antonio
Celebrate San Antonio, the Alamo City’s free New Year’s Eve celebration, features three stages of entertainment, food and drink booths, and a fireworks show from the top of the Tower of the Americas when the clock strikes midnight. The HEB Family Stage at Arneson River Theater presents family-friendly local talent by 10-18-year-olds from 6:00pm – 11:00 p.m. Celebrate San Antonio begins at 6:00 p.m. and lasts until midnight on Alamo Street between Market and Cesar Chavez.
The San Antonio Children’s Museum
From 9:00 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, December 31, the San Antonio Children’s Museum’s Kids Countdown lets kids experience the excitement and celebration cheering in the New Year when the clock strikes 12. But, at this unique event, created just for kids, the celebration takes place at the stroke of noon instead of midnight!
Kids will have the opportunity to watch the ball drop at the kid-friendly hour of noon, while toasting with sparkling juices and flicking flutter-fetti sticks filled with colorful confetti. Additionally, there will be arts and crafts, as well as a fun DJ for this celebratory event.
Admission is free for SACM Members with preregistration and $10 for nonmembers two years old and up, while children under two are free to attend. Space is limited, so families interested in attending should make sure to reserve their spot online in advance at www.SAkids.org/kcd.
SeaWorld San Antonio
Choose from three different options for celebrating the New Year at SeaWorld:
1. Spend the day at the park and enjoy a celebratory fireworks show at 9:00 p.m. (included with admission).
2. SeaWorld’s New Year’s Eve Extravaganza Package ($25 per person cost is in addition to park admission) includes: reserved seating for the fireworks show, reserved seating at your favorite SeaWorld shows all day long, a souvenir mug of hot chocolate, and priority entrance to popular rides all day long. Make reservations.
3. SeaWorld’s New Year’s Eve Fireworks Celebration Picnic (cost of $44.99 per adult and $39.99 per child ages 3-9 is in addition to park admission) includes: an exclusive all-you-can-eat buffet in Christmas Cove with your family and reserved seating in Ski Stadium for the fireworks display. Reservations required.
For families, the new Bowlero at 281 near Bitters offers a Family Package for New Year’s Eve. Guests choose to bowl from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Family Package is $27.95 per guest and includes unlimited bowling, shoe rental, a gourmet kid-friendly buffet, unlimited soft drinks, sparking cider, and a champagne toast (for mom and dad).
To make reservations, please call (281) 367-1277 or visit bowlero.com for more information.
The JW Marriott Hill Country Resort and Spa
The JW Marriott provides guests with two fun options for kids and teens to ring in the New Year while adults enjoy a night on their own.
The Razzle-Dazzle children’s event (for ages 4-12) keeps your little ones entertained while you kick 2015 off with a fabulous date night. This special kids’ event runs from 6:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. and it’s just $80 per child when reserved by December 30. Included is a pizza and dance party, Under the Big Top obstacle course, carnival games, a movie, and a cider toast at midnight.
Teens (13-17) get their own New Year’s Eve party too at the NYE Teen Lounge from 8:00 p.m. – midnight, just $40 per teen at the door. Their party includes casino games like Black Jack, Roulette, and Texas Hold’em, a snack bar, a lounge, raffle prizes, and a cider toast at midnight.
The Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
At the Hyatt Hill Country Resort guests can choose from a variety of family-friendly New Year’s activities. Stay overnight with their New Year’s Eve SeaWorld Family Package (which includes accommodations, SeaWorld tickets and parking, all-day dining at SeaWorld, reserved seats for fireworks, and more). Or, participate in fun resort activities all day long before dining together at a casual buffet at Charlie’s Long Bar to ring in the New Year together. Older kids can take off to a late-night party just for teens.
No matter how you and your family choose to spend this New Year’s Eve, have a safe and wonderful time!
- The Public Theater of San Antonio presents the timeless love story ‘She Loves Me’ – Starting May 20, 2022! - May 18, 2022
- Best Summer Camps In San Antonio for 2022: Cheap & Free Camps for Kids in STEM, Sports, Arts & More! - May 3, 2022
- Earth Day Activities in San Antonio – Day Camps, Bingo and More! - April 16, 2022