The holidays are about family, love, hope, and magic. Magik Theatre will celebrate all of that and more with its production of The Velveteen Rabbit, taking place from November 19-December 24, 2022.
The Velveteen Rabbit is a delightful “Magikal” retelling of the classic children’s story of a boy who receives a stuffed rabbit sewn from velveteen as a present on Christmas Day. A remarkable change begins as the Rabbit’s dapper appearance gets worn and shabby from play.
The story strikes a universal chord with its message of love and friendship, reminding us that we become our authentic selves through vulnerability, opening ourselves up, and creating genuine connections.
Put some “Magik” in your holidays with The Velveteen Rabbit and enjoy the heart-warming and much-loved classic story about a shy toy rabbit who longs for nothing more than to become real.
The Velveteen Rabbit at Magik Theatre San Antonio – More Details
The Velveteen Rabbit is a masterpiece written by Margery Williams and adapted by Michelle Hoppe-Long. It’s a timeless story that has been delighting generations for 100 years.
Just as the story of The Velveteen Rabbit has delighted generations of the same families for decades, so has Magik Theatre. Children who once filled the seats are now bringing their children and grandchildren to experience the joy of seeing the stories they love brought to life on stage by professional actors.
The production is approximately one hour and is recommended for ages five and up.
Get more information about The Velveteen Rabbit at Magik Theatre San Antonio!
The Velveteen Rabbit at Magik Theatre San Antonio – Show Times, Tickets & More
Showtimes & Location
The show will run on various dates starting from November 19 to December 24, 2022, at the Magik Theatre in Hemisfair at 420 South Alamo, San Antonio, Texas.
- Saturday, November 19, 2:00 PM & 5:00 PM
- Sunday, November 20, 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 22, 10:30 AM
- Wednesday, November 23, 10:30 AM
- Friday, November 25, 2:00 PM
- Saturday, November 26, 2:00 PM
- Sunday, November 27, 3:00 PM
- Saturday, December 3, 2:00 PM
- Saturday, December 10, 2:00 PM
- Sunday, December 11, 3:00 PM
- Friday, December 16, 6:30 PM
- Saturday, December 17, 1:00 PM
- Sunday, December 18, 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 20, 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 21, 2:00 PM
- Thursday, December 22, 2:00 PM
- Friday, December 23, 2:00 PM
Saturday, December 24, 2:00 PM
Tickets for The Velveteen Rabbit at Magik Theatre
Get tickets to The Velveteen Rabbit at Magik Theatre San Antonio in advance of the show! Below is an outline of the cost of single tickets:
- Adults: $22.50
- Child(2-17), Military, Seniors, and Educators: $18.50
- Children under two years old: FREE unless the child uses a seat, even a car or booster seat; the patron must pay for a general-
The Velveteen Rabbit at Magik Theatre San Antonio – Special Performances
Check out all of The Velveteen Rabbit’s special performances and get your tickets to The Velveteen Rabbit at Magik Theatre in advance!
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted Performance: On Saturday, November 26, 2022, at 2:00 pm, an ASL interpreter helps during this performance for patrons that require ASL as their primary form of communication.
- Sensory-Friendly Performance: On Saturday, December 3, 2022, at 10:30 am, you can experience a sensory-friendly performance of The Velveteen Rabbit. The goal is to create a welcoming environment for people who are on the autism spectrum or may have sensory sensitivities. The integrity of the performance remains the same. At the same time, production elements are modified to accommodate individuals with sensory needs allowing families and friends of those with autism or other disabilities to enjoy an authentic performance experience together.
- Pay What You Wish: On Friday, November 25, at 2 pm, and Friday, December 16, at 6:30 pm, Magik Theatre will offer one of its Pay What You Wish performances, in which tickets are available only at the door on the day of the production. This is the Magik Theatre’s way of giving back to the community and providing an opportunity for families to experience live theatre with a donation of any amount.
- Mask-Required Performances: On Tuesday, November 22, at 10:30 am, Saturday, December 3, at 2 pm, and Tuesday, December 20, at 2 pm, you can attend a mask-required performance. This schedule provides attendees with peace of mind knowing that all performers and staff continue to follow strict health and safety protocols, including the option to select your experience while in the theatre.
COVID Guidelines for The Velveteen Rabbit at Magik Theatre San Antonio
Due to recent news, Bexar County is considered at the LOW community level for Covid-19. Because of this, we are offering two performance experience options to our patrons. As a patron, you can choose a mask-required performance or a highly recommended but not required performance experience.
Please visit HERE for all the information.
This is a sponsored post. We only accept sponsored content that we believe offers excellent value to our loyal readers in the greater San Antonio area. Sponsored content allows San Antonio Things To Do to manage the expenses of running this website and to work tirelessly to bring you extensive coverage of the area’s best deals and events. If your organization is interested in sponsoring content on our site, click here to learn how you can advertise with us.
- Things To Do in San Antonio this Weekend of March 24 include Mochi Fest, Harry’s House Dance Party, & more! - March 22, 2023
- Things to do in San Antonio with kids this weekend of February 10 – Movies in the Park, Will ZOO Be My Valentine?, & more! - February 9, 2023
- 10 things to do in San Antonio with kids this weekend of January 6, 2023 include Rotary Ice Rink Presented by Valero, Inside Look: Behind the Scenes with Orcas, and more! - January 5, 2023