Santa is almost here but that isn’t stopping you from looking for a fun night on the town. Whether you’re looking for a Christmas play or a good meal, we’ve got your round-up of things to do on Christmas Eve in San Antonio.
Read more below for events and activities going on Christmas Eve:
1. Catch a Show
Movies and live productions don’t stop for Christmas Eve! Check out this list of movies and shows going on the night before Christmas:
- Magik Theatres are showing A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Get Elf’d at Alamo Encore with their Elf Movie Party
- Tower of the Americas is showing Polar Express
- Charline McCombs Empire Theatre is putting on A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Alamo Drafthouse is showing It’s A Wonderful Life & March of the Penguins
- Tune in to your TV to watch your local Whittier students showing their talents
2. Get Fit
The holidays are always a great time to start a new tradition and there are plenty of activities you can choose from:
Frosty Five: 5K & 5 Mile Fun Run Costumed
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas 5K at Nani Falcone Park- 7:30 am
- Yoga & Meditation at Woods of Shavano Pool- 9 am
- The family & dog friendly costumed Frosty Five starting at Alamo180- 9 am
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Yoga & Meditation at The Yoga Den
3. See Our Best Attractions
Some of our best attractions want to host you on Christmas Eve in San Antonio! Here are a few attractions open the night before Christmas:
- Check out Holidays in Bloom at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens
- Review our guide to Holiday Events at Natural Bridge Caverns. Check out their daily schedule for Christmas Eve!
- SeaWorld is hosting a Christmas Celebration with multple holiday shows going on
- The San Antonio Aquarium has special hours just for Christmas Eve!
- Ripley’s Christmas Town is open Christmas Eve- don’t miss the Wax Santa!
- Visit the Viva San Antonio exhibit at the Institute of Texan Cultures
- Historic Market Square is hosting El Merkadito Puro Feliz Navidad
- Wonderland of the Americas is hosting Photos with Santa
4. Scope Out Christmas Lights
Don’t miss our guide to the Best Christmas Lights in and around the San Antonio area. Many of them are open Christmas Eve! If you have some extra cash, get a Christmas Lights experience like no other- in a helicopter ride!
5. Enjoy a Christmas Eve Dinner
Leave the cooking to the professionals- plenty of local restaurants, bars, and breweries are open on Christmas Eve. Here are a few:
- Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar
- Budro’s Texas Bistro
- The Rustic
- Luna Rosa Puerto Rican Grill Y Tapas
- Max & Louie’s New York Diner
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Ding How Chinese Restaurant
- The PigPen
- Künstler Brewing
6. Candle Light Services
7. Interactive Entertainment
Some local entertainment venues are open Christmas Eve:
- The Great Room Escape is having Christmas specials. Choose from Zombies, serial killers, and more
- Take an Axe Throwing Class and have some beer while you’re at it
- The Magical Winter Bash is hosting a magic show for kids! Plus, a kosher breakfast for dinner and a kids movie night!
Are you looking to leave the house on Christmas Eve? Let us know what your favorite things to do on Christmas Eve in San Antonio are by commenting below: