Santa is almost here but that isn’t stopping you from looking for a fun night on the town. Whether you’re looking for a Christmas play or a good meal, we’ve got your round-up of things to do on Christmas Eve in San Antonio.
Read more below for events and activities going on Christmas Eve:
1. Catch a Show
Movies and live productions don’t stop for Christmas Eve! Check out this list of movies and shows going on the night before Christmas:
- Magik Theatres are showing A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Tower of the Americas is showing Polar Express
- The Magik Theater in Hemisfair is putting on A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Alamo Drafthouse is showing It’s A Wonderful Life
2. Get Fit
The holidays are always a great time to start a new tradition and there are a couple of activities you can choose from:
3. See Our Best Attractions
Some of our best attractions want to host you on Christmas Eve in San Antonio! Here are a few attractions open the night before Christmas:
- Review our guide to Holiday Events at Natural Bridge Caverns. Check out their daily schedule for Christmas Eve!
- SeaWorld is hosting a Christmas Celebration with multiple holiday shows going on
- The San Antonio Aquarium has special hours just for Christmas Eve!
- Ripley’s Christmas Town is open Christmas Eve- don’t miss the Wax Santa!
- Head for the hills and spend some time outside at Boerne Lake.
4. Scope Out Christmas Lights
Don’t miss our guide to the Best Christmas Lights in and around the San Antonio area. Many of them are open Christmas Eve! And if you’re wanting to venture into the Hill Country, head out to Enchanted Springs Ranch for the Old West Christmas Light Fest in Boerne.
5. Enjoy a Christmas Eve Dinner
Leave the cooking to the professionals- plenty of local restaurants, bars, and breweries are open on Christmas Eve. Check out our guide here for a detailed list.
6. Candle Light Services
Plenty of local churches would love to host your family on Christmas Eve. There are Candle Light Services, Handbell Concerts, caroling, and Live Nativities going on across the city.
7. Interactive Entertainment
A couple local entertainment venues are open Christmas Eve:
- The Great Room Escape is having Christmas specials. Choose from Zombies, serial killers, and more
- Take an Axe Throwing Class and have some beer while you’re at it
Are you looking to leave the house on Christmas Eve? Let us know what your favorite things to do on Christmas Eve in San Antonio are by commenting below: