Looks like it is going to be a shivering Valentine’s Day 2021 in San Antonio. Plus the COVID situation continues. You may not be alone if you are thinking a cozy night at home might be the way to go for Valentine’s Day this time. If you are looking for the perfect movie ideas, we’ve got you covered. What’s more, we have easy, and free streaming options that will make it a great Valentine’s Day for you in San Antonio.
OUR TOP PICKS FOR MOVIE IDEAS
Kick-off your Valentine’s Day with a movie from Hulu! While Hulu’s free trial is for new and eligible returning subscribers, plans begin at $5.99 (with ads) and $11.99 (no ads) a month. Looking for a film for the whole family? A girl’s night? With your significant other? Hulu has plenty of options for you:
- Family Friendly: Hitch, The Wedding Planner and 50 First Dates are classics that appeal to every audience.
- Romantic for Couples: The Notebook, My Best Friend’s Wedding, and A Star is Born will give you all the feels
- Galentine’s Classics: Never Been Kissed, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and Bridget Jones’ Diary are perfect for you and your friends to watch.
There’s little more romantic than a Disney prince and princess. With Disney+, you get all of the classics, in addition to more for $6.99 a month. For new subscribers, Disney also offers a 7-day free trial. Take advantage of that this weekend and rent a few Disney favorites:
- Family Friendly: The Princess Diaries, The Last Song
- Romantic for Couples: Tuck Everlasting, Beauty and the Beast
- Galentine’s Classics: The Parent Trap, 10 Things I Hate About You
OTHER ‘CANNOT GO WRONG’ MOVIE OPTIONS
Netflix’s plans are affordable and almost feel necessary this winter during the quarantine. Plans begin at $8.99 a month for the basic plan, $7.99 for the Standard plan, and $11.99 for Premier.
- Family Friendly: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, About Time, The Kissing Booth
- Romantic for Couples: A Walk to Remember, Always Be My Maybe
- Galentine’s Classics: Someone Great, Holidate
Don’t just use Amazon to overnight essentials, you can use it to watch romantic movies and shows. If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you already have the Prime Video feature. If not, you can pay a monthly rate of $8.99 to access Amazon Prime Video as a standalone membership.
Don’t miss out on a few of these flicks for the day:
- Family Friendly: The Princess Bride, A Cinderella Story
- Romantic for Couples: The Big Sick, Pride and Prejudice, Say Anything
- Galentine’s Classics: Crazy Rich Asians, Blue Valentine, The Ugly Truth
The up-and-coming streaming service, AppleTV+ is just $4.99 a month, after a free 7-day trial. Can’t find a show or movie you’re looking for?
This week only, Apple iTunes is also offering rentals of romance movies beginning at $1 (typically $10-$15). Below are a few classics for any viewer this Valentine’s Day.
- Family Friendly: Runaway Bride, Valentine’s Day
- Romantic for Couples: Pretty Woman, La La Land
- Galentine’s Classics: Made of Honor, He’s Just Not That Into You
Looking for fun events on Valentine’s Day? Check out our curated list for San Antonio!
Not into Valentine’s Day? Check out our list of all other fun things to do in San Antonio this week.
- Magik Theatre San Antonio presents – Selena Maria Sings! - August 27, 2022
- Comicpalooza is coming to Houston! Check out the 2022 guest lineup, schedules, tickets & more! - July 5, 2022
- Things to do in San Antonio on July 4th – Top 4 Independence Day celebrations for fireworks and live entertainment! - July 4, 2022