Phil Hardberger Park events this August are a fantastic way to keep your children busy, and most importantly, learning about multiple things. The park will organize numerous events on various days throughout August. Here’s more to it.
Phil Hardberger Park Events this August
1. The Children’s Vegetable Garden Returns This Fall
Children’s Vegetable Garden (CVG) is an event for children from 5 to 14 years old. The program’s events focus on helping children learn everything from planting to harvesting. Volunteers from the Bexar County Master Gardeners will help children to begin every Tuesday morning with a hands-on activity in the garden, following an associated lesson.
- Details: Registration Opens, Tuesday, August 3, 9 AM
- Classes meet: Tuesday Mornings, 9 AM to 11 AM, August 31 – December 14, 2021
- Cost $75/plot. Up to 3 children per family, per plot.
2. Grab-N-Go Kits: Pollination (Nature Play Area (8400 NW Military Hwy), Saturday, Aug 14, 9 AM to 11 AM)
Pick up a Grab-N-Go kit featuring activities to help you explore the park. The bag this month features flower activities. Please note, supplies are limited. To know more, click here.
3. Starting Out Wild & Growing Up Wild (Via Website, Sunday, August 15, Posts at 9 AM)
View this pre-recorded program, published on the 15th of every month. This month, the program explores bees.
4. Virtual Nature Talk: Five San Antonio Butterflies You Should Know (Via Facebook Live, Saturday, August 21, 9 AM to 10 AM)
Listen to Master Naturalist Emily Hawthorn as she talks about the life cycle of butterflies. In addition, she will also discuss the difference between host and nectar plants and identify five common San Antonio butterflies. To know more, click here.
5. Virtual Nature Talk: Plant Adaptations to Heat & Drought (Via Zoom, Saturday, August 28, 9 AM to 10:30 AM)
This Zoom event features Park Naturalist Jewell Lee Cozort talking about how the plants in the park have adapted to heat and drought. This event requires registration. To register, click here.
About Phil Hardberger Park
Phil Hardberger Park is a public city park situated in San Antonio, Texas. It covers over 300 acres of land, features 7.5 miles of trails, a nature play area for children, basketball courts, etc. The park was declared Best City Park, 2021. To know more about the park, click here.
Bookmark our Museums and Attractions section to get more of such updates on interesting events happening in San Antonio.
And if you want to have these updates delivered directly to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search lens icon.
- 9th Annual Muertos Fest Returns to San Antonio Fall 2021 - August 30, 2021
- World’s Steepest Roller Coaster & Full Year of Special Events to Mark 30th Anniversary of Six Flags Fiesta Texas - August 29, 2021
- New exhibition Coming to the Briscoe Highlights the Little-Known Culture of Vaqueros – Cowboys of Sonora, Mexico. - August 26, 2021