Great news for Selena fans! The Siempre Selena exhibition at the McNay Art Museum started on January 15, 2020, and was scheduled to close in July 2020 and has been extended to August 1, 2021. So, if you haven’t yet visited the museum, this is the final week before the exhibition ends. Keep reading to find out more.
Siempre Selena at the McNay Art Museum
The exhibition at the McNay Art Museum is a tribute to the 90s icon, designer, and Texas legend, Selena Quintanilla-Pérez with five photos clicked by award-winning San Antonio photographer John Dyer.
Dyer had Selena as the subject of his photo assignments for the cover of Mas Magazine in 1992 and then once again for Texas Monthly in 1995, a few months before she was killed at 23.
The exhibition is organized by the McNay Art Museum, and curated by Kate Carey, Head of Education.
Siempre Selena Exhibition Location and Date
The exhibition is being held at the McNay Art Museum situated at 6000 N New Braunfels Ave. San Antonio, TX 78209. It will continue from now through August 1, 2021. Click here to buy tickets.
The Museum’s Opening Hours
- Sunday: Noon – 5:00 PM
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – *9:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
About the McNay Art Museum
The McNay Art Museum is the first modern art museum in Texas. It was founded in 1954 in San Antonio and named after McNay, an American painter, and art teacher. The McNay Art Museum primarily focuses on the 19th and 20th century European and American art by various artists. To know more about the museum, click here.
Bookmark our Museums and Attractions section to get more of such updates on interesting events happening in San Antonio.
And if you want to have these updates delivered directly to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search lens icon.
- 9th Annual Muertos Fest Returns to San Antonio Fall 2021 - August 30, 2021
- World’s Steepest Roller Coaster & Full Year of Special Events to Mark 30th Anniversary of Six Flags Fiesta Texas - August 29, 2021
- New exhibition Coming to the Briscoe Highlights the Little-Known Culture of Vaqueros – Cowboys of Sonora, Mexico. - August 26, 2021