Visit the Briscoe Western Art Museum in San Antonio on Saturday, July 24, 10 AM to 2 PM, to celebrate National Cowboy Day. The celebration is a community event featuring free admission to the museum, & plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for people of all age groups.
Live the Hollywood Western Story Through this Briscoe Event
The National Day of the Cowboy returns this year after a pause in 2020. The event is inspired by Briscoe’s blockbuster summer exhibition, Still in the Saddle: A New History of the Hollywood Western. It tells the story of the Hollywood Western from the late 1960s through the 1980s by recreating a 1960s theater experience, with over 60 original movie posters, authentic lobby cards, and costumes worn by John Wayne.
Some Highlights of the National Cowboy Day at Briscoe in San Antonio
- Free admission and activities for the whole family, which also includes guided bilingual tours of the Briscoe, highlighting cowboys, cowgirls, and vaqueros art.
- Cowpoke games and crafts, where you can outfit yourself in a cowboy vest and spurs.
- Behind-the-scenes stories about movie stunts with Bruce Morgan, a famous stuntman from the 1970s.
- Chuck wagon cooking with samples of peach cobbler and beans, along with food truck grub.
- Lil Partners Reading Zone offers Cowboy tales in the museum’s San Antonio Public Library Kampann Library Portal.
- Evening – The celebration features a ticketed Briscoe’s “Sips and Sounds of the West” series at 6:30 PM, with live music in the McNutt Sculpture Garden of the museum with Marcy Grace. Additionally, the event includes drinks, band, tasty bites under the open sky until 9.30 PM. For tickets, click here.
About the Briscoe Western Art Museum
The Briscoe Western Art Museum preserves and showcases the art, culture, and history of the American West through a range of educational programs, exhibitions, and public events. The museum is situated on San Antonio River Walk at 210 W. It has a three-story Jack Guenther Pavilion and the outdoor McNutt Sculpture Garden. Learn more about hours and admission concerning the Briscoe Western Art Museum here.
Interested in saving money on museums in San Antonio and the South Central Texas area?
The POGO pass gives you access to 35 different entertainment venues in San Antonio, Austin and Waco for just $39.98! Detailed list of San Antonio Attractions is below.
San Antonio Area Attractions:
- One visit to the San Antonio Zoo
- One visit to the Witte Museum
- One visit to the Buckhorn Museum
- One visit to Splashtown
- One visit to Wonder World Park
- One visit to the San Antonio Aquarium
- One visit to Rush Fun Park
- Two visits to Urban Air Trampoline Park
- Six tickets to the University of Texas – San Antonio athletic events (multiple sports)
- Two visits for a free buffet at Incredible Pizza
- Two visits to Pump It Up
- Two visits to Monster Mini Golf & Laser Tag for a round of Mini Golf
If you would like updates like this one delivered directly to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search lens icon.
- Make plans today – Siempre Selena will not last forever at the McNay Art Museum - July 27, 2021
- Howl-O-Scream is back at SeaWorld this September - July 27, 2021
- All I do is win: H-E-B ranked best in nation for ecommerce experience - July 26, 2021