The Briscoe Western Art Museum is one of San Antonio’s local treasures. The museum is dedicated to preserving and honoring Texas and the American West and contains fascinating exhibits ranging from historical artifacts to fine art. If you haven’t yet been to the Briscoe, you’re missing one of the best ways to get in touch with local history and appreciate some of the best art Texas has to offer. The museum is never expensive, but there are ways to get discount tickets for up to 50% off in some cases.
When Will the Briscoe Western Art Museum Open Back Up?
Like all museums, the Briscoe Western Art Museum shutdown during the quarantine period. However, it will reopen its doors on May 23 for the general public. Members can return sooner, on May 21st.
About the Briscoe Western Art Museum
The Briscoe museum is aimed at preserving the art, history, and culture of Texas and the American West. The museum features both permanent and rotating exhibits in addition to educational programs, public outreach, and events designed to preserve and share the region’s unique heritage. The museum enjoys a gorgeous setting on San Antonio’s world-famous River Walk and his housed within San Antonio’s public library.
Briscoe Western Art Museum Prices
Admission to the Briscoe starts at $10 for adults, and kids 12 and under get in free. On Tuesday evenings from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, the museum is completely free.
Briscoe Western Art Museum Coupons
There are quite a few ways to get discounts on admission to the museum.
Discounts tickets are always available for North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Members.
- $14 Adults (12+)
- $12 Seniors (65+), Retired Military/Veterans, Students *with ID
- $8 Military Dependents *with ID
- FREE for Children 12 & under
- FREE for Active Military *with ID
- FREE for Members– click here to become a member
- FREE Recipients of SNAP, WIC, and MAP receive free general admission through Museums for All, a cooperative that encourages families of all backgrounds to visit museums. Simply present an EBT card and a photo ID. The offer is valid for up to four people for each EBT card presented.
Discounts are available for North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Members
Military Salute Program
The Briscoe Museum is proud to be the only museum in San Antonio that offers FREE year-round admission to active-duty members of the military. We also offer discount admission for the active duty member’s family (with the service member present), and retired military personnel.
Bank of America Museums on Us
For the first full weekend of the month, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, and U.S. Trust cardholders gain one free admission to the museum.
Briscoe Western Art Museum Hours & Location
The Briscoe Western Art Museum is located at the Jack Guenther Pavilion, 210 W. Market Street, San Antonio, TX 78205. The museum is open Monday and Wednesday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, and Sunday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. For more information call (210) 299-4499 or visit BriscoeMuseum.org.
- San Antonio Stores Open New Years Day 2024 – Verified Stores Hours for Grocery & Retail Shops on January 1 - December 28, 2023
- Restaurants Open on New Year’s Day San Antonio – Where to Dine Out and Welcome 2024 with a Festive Feast! - December 27, 2023
- San Antonio Restaurants New Years Eve – Your Guide to Open Food Places for NYE 2024! - December 27, 2023