Santa has come and gone and now you’re looking for something fun to do on Christmas Day. Whether you’re looking for a Christmas movie or a good meal, we’ve got your round-up of things to do on Christmas Day in San Antonio.
Read more below for events and activities going on Christmas Day in San Antonio:
Christmas Day is always a popular day to check out a movie, and right now, there are two special offers for discounted movie tickets available to you. Regal Cinemas has a deal on eTickets for only $9.50 (regular price $16). Or if you have an AMC nearby, you can get AMC eTickets for only $9. All of these eTickets work exactly like regular movie tickets.
Here are some other ideas for things to do on Christmas Day in San Antonio.
1. CATCH A SHOW
The Big Screen and the Stage are both made for holidays. Movies and shows don’t stop for Christmas Day! Check out this list of movies and theatrical productions going on Christmas Day:
- Magik Theatre is hosting A Charlie Brown Christmas on two different stages!
- Alamo Drafthouse is open at all three San Antonio locations. See Paddington, Little Women, Star Wars, and more.
- Tower of the Americas is showing Polar Express 4D.
- Santikos IMAX is showing Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
2. GET FIT
The holidays are always a great time to start a new tradition of fitness. You can visit any of San Antonio’s amazing public parks which are open every day of the year. There are also a few fun fitness activities going on Christmas Day:
- Take a Christmas Day Hike at Garner State Park.
- Keep your mind fit with meditation at MelMarie Yoga’s Celebrate with Meditation.
3. SEE OUR BEST ATTRACTIONS
Some of our best attractions want to host you on Christmas Day in San Antonio! Here are a few attractions open on Christmas:
- SeaWorld is hosting a Christmas Celebrationwith multiple holiday shows going on.
- Ripley’s Christmas Town is open Christmas Day from 10 am to 10 pm.
- Sea World San Antonio is open on Christmas Day starting at 1 pm.
- The San Antonio Botanical Garden is hosting Santikos in the Garden. Regular admission rates apply.
4. SCOPE OUT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
Don’t miss our guide to the Best Christmas Lights in and around the San Antonio area. Many of them are open Christmas Day! If you have some extra cash, get a Christmas Lights experience like no other- in a helicopter ride!
Also see History in Lights at Mission Espiritu Santo- Admission $4 for adults, free for kids 12 and under.
5. ENJOY A CHRISTMAS DINNER
Leave the cooking to the professionals- plenty of local restaurants, bars, and breweries are open on Christmas. Check out our round up of Restaurants Open on Christmas Day.
6. CANDLE LIGHT SERVICES
Plenty of local churches would love to host your family on Christmas Day. There are Christmas Day Mass and worship services all over the city.
7. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Some local entertainment venues are open Christmas Day:
- Escape the Room San Antonio is open on Christmas Day! Solve a bank heist, complete a top secret mission, and more.
- Go Christmas Day Bowling at Bowl & Barrel.
- Just $9.99 per person is a great Christmas Special at University Bowl! You get shoes, a $5 curve card, and 2 hours of bowling.
8. GIVE BACK
There are many ways to help your fellow man this holiday season. Be sure to check out our guide to Holiday Volunteer Opportunities for Kids and Teens. For even more opportunities, check out these events:
- The Warrior Cry Music Project is hosting their 4th Annual Clothing & Supply Drive as well as a Christmas Luncheon.
- Volunteer to help serve at the Community Christmas Dinner.
Are you looking to leave the house on Christmas Day? Let us know what your favorite things to do on Christmas in San Antonio are by commenting below:
- The Best Dog Friendly Restaurants and Bars in San Antonio - June 6, 2020
- The Best Thrift Stores in San Antonio (2020) - June 5, 2020
- The Best Happy Hour Deals in San Antonio for Every Day of the Week - June 5, 2020