Santa has come and gone and now you’re looking for something fun to do on Christmas Day. Whether you’re looking for a Christmas movie or a good meal, we’ve got your round-up of things to do on Christmas Day in San Antonio.
Read more below for events and activities going on Christmas Day in San Antonio:
Christmas Day is always a popular day to check out a movie, and right now, there are two special offers for discounted movie tickets available to you. Regal Cinemas has a deal on eTickets for only $9.50 (regular price $16). Or if you have an AMC nearby, you can get AMC eTickets for only $9. All of these eTickets work exactly like regular movie tickets.
The San Antonio Zoo once again is hosting its incredibly popular San Antonio Zoo Lights holiday event to brighten up your Christmas. Witness over two million lights sure to impress kids and adults alike. Zoo Lights will be open Christmas night. For a limited time, Groupon has tickets for 25% off tickets!
Here are some other ideas for things to do on Christmas Day in San Antonio.
1. CATCH A SHOW
Movies and shows don’t stop for Christmas Day! Check out this list of movies and shows going on Christmas Day:
- Magik Theatres are showing A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Get Elf’d at Alamo Encore with their Elf Movie Party
- Tower of the Americas is showing Polar Express
- Alamo Drafthouse is showing It’s A Wonderful Life & March of the Penguins
- Tune in to your TV to watch your local Whittier students showing their talents
- Watch SAISD music students perform on TV
- Twin Sisters’ Cantina is showing Christmas movies all day
2. GET FIT
The holidays are always a great time to start a new tradition of fitness. You can visit any of San Antonio’s amazing public parks which are open every day of the year. There are also a few fun fitness activities going on Christmas Day:
- The Tobin Hill 5K at 7 pm
- Candlelight Yoga at 6:30
- Check out Christmas Day Events at local State Parks
3. SEE OUR BEST ATTRACTIONS
Some of our best attractions want to host you on Christmas Day in San Antonio! Here are a few attractions open on Christmas:
- Check out Holidays in Bloom at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens
- SeaWorld is hosting a Christmas Celebration with multiple holiday shows going on
- Ripley’s Christmas Town is open Christmas Day from 10 am to 10 pm
- Historic Market Square is hosting El Merkadito Puro Feliz Navidad
4. SCOPE OUT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
Don’t miss our guide to the Best Christmas Lights in and around the San Antonio area. Many of them are open Christmas Day! If you have some extra cash, get a Christmas Lights experience like no other- in a helicopter ride!
5. ENJOY A CHRISTMAS DINNER
Leave the cooking to the professionals- plenty of local restaurants, bars, and breweries are open on Christmas. Check out our round up of Restaurants Open on Christmas Day.
6. CANDLE LIGHT SERVICES
Plenty of local churches would love to host your family on Christmas Day. There are Christmas Day Mass and worship services all over the city.
7. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Some local entertainment venues are open Christmas Day:
- The Great Room Escape is having Christmas specials– choose from Zombies, serial killers, and more
- Take an Axe Throwing Class and have some beer while you’re at it
- Go Christmas Day Bowling at Bowl & Barrel
- Toss a Turkey at University Bowl
8. GIVE BACK
There are many ways to help your fellow man this holiday season. Check out these opportunities:
- Holiday Canned Food Drive at Emergency Pet Clinic
- Christmas Toy Drive at Skyvue Apartments
- Holiday Food Drive at Pearl Brewery
- The Warrior Cry Music Project
Are you looking to leave the house on Christmas Day? Let us know what your favorite things to do on Christmas in San Antonio are by commenting below: