Just in time for the holidays, Magik Theatre brings to you the much beloved story of Cinderella – turned upside down! Ella Enchanted: The Musical emphasizes the importance of self-empowerment, perseverance in the face of insurmountable obstacles and an eagerness to learn. In this heart-warming and powerful tale, children of all ages are encouraged to discover the power of words within their own voice.
About Ella Enchanted by Magik Theatre
Ella Enchanted is a special two-act production, adapted by Karen Zacarías as a play from a children’s book by New York Times bestselling author Gail Carson Levine, and will feature music by Deborah Wicks La Puma.
In this fairytale, at birth, Ella of Frell is given the “gift” of obedience by her misguided fairy godmother. But as a teenager, strong-willed Ella chooses to reject her fate and embarks on a quest to break the curse forever. Through her adventures, Ella must outwit evil stepsisters, escape hungry ogres and save the prince before she can claim her real voice.
“It gives our theatre company a great sense of pride for families to experience the joy and wonder of their favorite children’s book come to life, and we know this next production will not disappoint,” says Magik Theatre Artistic Director Anthony Runfola. “Ella Enchanted is the perfect addition to this holiday season.”
The special production, which is recommended for ages 5 and above, runs approximately 75 minutes including an intermission, with a five-minute question-and- answer session.
Click here for more information!
Special Performances at Magik Theatre, San Antonio
Be sure to take a look at all the special performances that Ella Enchanted is offering the public and get your tickets in advance!
- Opening Day: Sunday, November 20th at 6:00 PM
- Military Appreciation Day: The production on Sunday, Nov. 21 at 3 p.m. will feature Military Appreciation Day, in which active or retired members of the military with an I.D. pay a discounted price of $11.50 per ticket for their entire party.
- Pay What You Wish: On Saturday, Nov. 27 at 6 p.m., and Tuesday Dec. 21 at 2 p.m., Magik Theatre will offer one of its Pay What You Wish performances, in which tickets are available only at the door on the day of the production.
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted Performance:At the performance on Saturday, Dec. 11 at 2 p.m., Robert Cardoza, the San Antonio theatre community’s primary sign-language interpreter, will be available for patrons who require American sign language as their primary form of communication.
Ella Enchanted by Magik Theatre: Show Times, Tickets, COVID Guidelines and More
Showtimes & Location
The show will be run on various dates starting from November 19th to December 24th at the Magik Theatre located at 420 South Alamo, San Antonio, Texas.
Tickets for Ella Enchanted at Magik Theatre
It’s recommended to grab your tickets in advance of the show! Below is an outline of the cost of single tickets:
- Adults: $25.00
- Children ages 2-17: $20.00
- Military, Senior, Educators, and Students: $20.00
Due to the impact of the pandemic, Magik Theatre has its COVID-19 policy in place. The policy includes temperature checks before entering the building. Additionally, face masks are mandatory for those above the age of two.
Seating will also be capped at 30% (the theatre holds 579 seats, and will only be seating 144) and special protocols for merchandise and concession sales will also be in place.
For a full list of COVID-19 health and safety measures, visit Magik Theatre’s COVID safety page.
This is a sponsored post. We only accept sponsored content that we believe offers a great value to our loyal readers in the greater San Antonio area. Sponsored content allows San Antonio Things To Do to manage the expenses of running this website and to work tirelessly to bring you extensive coverage of the area’s best deals and events. If your organization is interested in sponsoring content on our site, click here to learn how you can advertise with us.
- Comicpalooza is coming to Houston! Check out the 2022 guest lineup, schedules, tickets & more! - July 5, 2022
- Things to do in San Antonio on July 4th – Top 4 Independence Day celebrations for fireworks and live entertainment! - July 4, 2022
- The Public Theater of San Antonio presents the timeless love story ‘She Loves Me’ – Starting May 20, 2022! - May 18, 2022