Eddie & Vinnie is a heartwarming tale of a young boy who desperately wants to raise his grades to avoid attending summer school. The problem is that unless Eddie, who deals with dyslexia, gets his grades up, his dreams of fun in the sun may be heading for a wipeout.
With the help of his pet gecko, Vinnie, and the overly-helpful new girl in class, will Eddie’s final class presentation come together and allow him to avoid summer class?
Buy your tickets to this wonderful tale that fosters an understanding of the challenges that dyslexia brings, and help spread awareness in support of National Dyslexia Awareness Month!
Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre in San Antonio – More Details
This groundbreaking production is set for its world premiere at Magik Theatre from October 15–28 during National Dyslexia Awareness Month. It was commissioned by Magik Theatre in partnership with Celebrate Dyslexia founder and executive director Jasmin Dean and written by playwright Jenny Millinger, associate artistic director at Childsplay Arizona.
The funding for Eddie & Vinnie comes from grants from the Texas Cultural Trust, Texas Commission on the Arts, the Betty Stieren Kelso Foundation, and the H-E-B Read 3 program. Additionally, this performance is the second time in Magik Theatre’s 27-year history that has won grant financing from the esteemed National Endowment for the Arts (NEA).
This stage production aims to help lessen stigma, and foster awareness, understanding, and acceptance for not only the children diagnosed with this neurobiological difference but also for their families, teachers, coaches, and the community at large, by giving a unique glimpse into the dyslexic brain. It is a component of Magik’s brand-new “Meaningful Messaging” programming, which seeks to raise awareness of the societal problems that today’s youth and their families face.
Get more information about Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre in San Antonio!
Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre in San Antonio – Show Times, Tickets & More
Showtimes & Location
The show will be run on various dates starting from October 15-28, 2022, at the Magik Theatre in Hemisfair at 420 South Alamo, San Antonio, Texas.
- Saturday, October 15 – 2:00 PM & 5:00 PM
- Sunday, October 16 – 3:00 PM
- Saturday, October 22 – 2:00 PM & 5:00 PM
- Sunday, October 23 – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 25 – 10:30 PM (Sensory-Friendly Performance)
- Friday, October 28 – 5:00 PM
Tickets for Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre
2022-23 Season Subscriptions and Flex Passes are on sale now, priced at $48, $60, $75, and $87. Check here for more information.
It’s recommended to get your tickets to Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre in advance of the show! Below is an outline of the cost of single tickets:
- Children (ages 2-17), Military, Seniors, and Educators: $18.50
- Adults: $22.50
- Children under 2 years old: Free
Reminders: If a child under 2 uses a seat, even a car or booster seat, the patron must pay for a general-admission ticket. Group rates are offered to parties of ten or more people.
You can also purchase at the box office, 420 S. Alamo, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Mon.-Fri., or call (210) 227-2751. For questions and further inquiries, contact in**@ma**********.org.
Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre in San Antonio – Special Performances
Be sure to take a look at all the special performances of Eddie & Vinnie and get your tickets to Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre in advance!
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted Performance: On Saturday, October 22, 2022, at 5:00 pm, Robert Cardoza, the San Antonio theatre community’s primary sign language interpreter, will be available during this performance for patrons that require ASL as their primary form of communication.
- Sensory-Friendly Performance: On Tuesday, October 25, 2022, at 10:30 am, you can experience a sensory-friendly performance of Eddie & Vinnie. The goal is to create a welcoming environment for people who are on the autism spectrum or may have sensory sensitivities. The integrity of the performance remains the same, while production elements are modified to accommodate individuals with sensory needs allowing families and friends of those with autism or other disabilities the opportunity to enjoy an authentic performance experience together.
- Pay What You Wish: On Friday, October 28, 2022, at 5:00 pm, Magik Theatre will offer one of its Pay What You Wish performances, in which tickets are available only at the door on the day of the production. This is the Magik Theatre’s way of giving back to the community and providing an opportunity for families to experience live theatre with a donation of any amount.
- Mask Required Performances: On Saturday, October 22, 2022, at 2:00 pm, if you would like to attend a mask-required performance, this option is for you! We have adopted a model that allows us to go above and beyond standard schedules. It also provides you with peace of mind knowing that all of our performers and staff continue to follow strict health and safety protocols, including the option to select your experience while in the theatre.
COVID Guidelines for Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre in San Antonio
Due to recent news, Bexar County is considered to be at the LOW community level for Covid-19. Because of this, Magik Theatre is offering unique performance experience options to its patrons. As a patron, you can choose a mask-required performance!
Please visit HERE for all the information.
ABOUT MAGIK THEATRE
A professional theatre for young audiences established in 1994, Magik Theatre’s mission is to use the power of theatre to create Magikal storytelling for children that Activates imagination, Grows young minds, and Inspires creativity and a love of learning that is the Key to a more literate future for our community. For more information, visit magiktheatre.org, or Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @TheMagikTheatre.
This is a sponsored post. We only accept sponsored content that we believe offers great value to our loyal readers in the greater San Antonio area. Sponsored content allows San Antonio Things To Do to manage the expenses of running this website and to work tirelessly to bring you extensive coverage of the area’s best deals and events. If your organization is interested in sponsoring content on our site, click here to learn how you can advertise with us.
- Get your Cajun On with Cajun Fest 2023 at Traders Village San Antonio! - February 18, 2023
- Best San Antonio places to visit with friends and family groups - November 8, 2022
- Eddie & Vinnie at Magik Theatre in San Antonio – A heartwarming tale of a student with dyslexia! - October 7, 2022