Great news!!! Junie B. Jones: Toothless Wonder is coming soon to the Magik Theatre in San Antonio! This world-renowned children’s book star is coming to life on stage. Magik Theatre proudly presents a never-before-seen production to premiere in the Alamo City.
You are sure to experience the child-like wonder Junie B. undergoes as she maneuvers through yet another big life change. The feisty and fun-loving character will bring laughter and smiles to audiences of all ages.
More Details About Junie B Jones: Toothless Wonder by Magik Theatre
Junie B Jones: Toothless Wonder has been adapted for the stage by Allison Gregory, based on the hit book series written by Barbara Park and illustrated by Denise Brunkus. Artistic Associate, Rosa Gardner, stars as Junie B. the toothless wonder who adventures through the first grade.
Watch the story unfold as we see Junie B. face the trials of her age group and handle them the best way she knows how – with boundless energy, unbridled imagination, and buckets of enthusiasm.
One of Junie B. Jones’s top front teeth is loose! Only Junie B. is not that thrilled about this development because what if she looks like toothless Uncle Lou? And even worse – what’s all this tooth fairy business?
The production is approximately one-hour and is recommended for ages 5 and up. Kids under 2 are free.
This performance is made possible in part by a generous grant from the Russell Hill Rogers Fund for the Arts.
Get more information about Junie B Jones at Magik Theatre in San Antonio!
Junie B Jones at Magik Theatre in San Antonio: Show Times, Tickets & More
Showtimes & Location
The show will be run on various dates starting from May 6th to June 12th, 2022 at the Magik Theatre in Hemisfair at 420 South Alamo, San Antonio, Texas.
Tickets for Junie B Jones at Magik Theatre
It’s recommended to get your tickets to Junie B Jones: Toothless Wonder at Magik Theatre in advance of the show! Below is an outline of the cost of single tickets:
- Adults: $25
- Children ages 3-17: $20
- Military, Senior, Educators, and Students: $20
Please Note: Children under 2 must sit on an adult’s lap. If a child under 2 uses a seat, even a car or booster seat, the patron must pay for a general-admission ticket. Group rates are offered to parties of ten or more people. For questions and further inquiries contact ti*****@ma**********.org
Junie B Jones at Magik Theatre in San Antonio: Special Performances
Be sure to take a look at all the special performances of Junie B Jones: Toothless Wonder and get your tickets to the Junie B Jone at Magik Theatre in advance!
- Military Appreciation Day: The production on Sunday, May 15, 2022, at 3:00 PM will feature Military Appreciation Day, in which active or retired members of the military with an I.D. pay a discounted price of $11.50 (Reg. $26.50) per ticket for their entire party!
- Pay What You Wish: Saturday, May 14th at 5 p.m., and Thursday, June 2nd at 10:30 am, Magik Theatre will offer one of its Pay What You Wish performances, in which tickets are available only at the door on the day of the production. This is the Magik Theatre’s way of giving back to the community and providing an opportunity for families to experience live theatre with a donation of any amount.
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted Performance: On Saturday, May 21, 2022, at 2:00 pm, Robert Cardoza, the San Antonio theatre community’s primary sign language interpreter, will be available during this performance for patrons that require ASL as their primary form of communication.
- Sensory-Friendly Performance: Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a welcoming environment for people who are on the autism spectrum or may have sensory sensitivities. The integrity of the performance remains the same, while production elements are modified to accommodate individuals with sensory needs allowing families and friends of those with autism or other disabilities the opportunity to enjoy an authentic performance experience together.
COVID Guidelines for Junie B Jones at Magik Theatre in San Antonio
Due to recent news, Bexar County is considered to be at the LOW community level for Covid-19. Because of this, we are offering two performance experience options to our patrons. As a patron, you can choose a mask-required performance or a highly recommended but not required performance experience.
Below you will find the list of performances that will continue to be mask-mandated –
Saturday, May 7 at 5 pm
Saturday, May 14 at 5 pm
Saturday, May 28 at 5 pm
Sunday, May 22 at 3 pm
Friday, June 3 at 10:30 am
Wednesday, June 8 at 10:30 am
Please visit HERE for current safety protocols.
This is a sponsored post. We only accept sponsored content that we believe offers great value to our loyal readers in the greater San Antonio area. Sponsored content allows San Antonio Things To Do to manage the expenses of running this website and to work tirelessly to bring you extensive coverage of the area’s best deals and events. If your organization is interested in sponsoring content on our site, click here to learn how you can advertise with us.