San Antonio Mom Blogs is proud to partner with the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort on this post.
Have you visited the JW Marriott Hill Country San Antonio Resort? If yes, then you know it’s a special haven located just miles away from the city with sprawling Hill Country views that beckon you to abandon your cares to a slower, more pampered way of life.
One of the JW’s claims to fame is the River Bluff Water Experience, which includes a lazy river, water slides and rides, a kids’ pool with tot-sized slides and water play fun, an infinity edge adult pool with some of the best views of the Texas Hill Country, private cabanas, and poolside dining.
And now, just in time for Spring Break, the JW Marriott in San Antonio debuts their new section of water park which expands The River Bluff Water Experience to eight acres of fun featuring:
- two new body slides: the Canyon Oaks Twister and the Hill Country Plunge
- a beach-entry gradual slope swimming pool
- a huge, sandy beach for building the ultimate sandcastles
- a new, 6,000 gallon jacuzzi
- private cabanas
- a brand new pavilion and an event lawn (with super soft artificial grass) providing 18,000 square feet of additional space
- a 2,000-pound custom-designed BBQ pit serving Texas delicacies during the day, and s’mores at night
The deck for the two new slides is 47 1/2 feet high, while the entire tower reaches 65 feet!
To begin your speedy slide down the Canyon Oaks Twister, you’ll hop into this launch box with a plexi-glass floor. When you’re ready, the operator punches a button, the floor drops out from under you, and away you gooooooooo!
And, while you might be tempted to assume that zipping down the Hill Country Plunge might be a little less daring of a challenge than having the bottom drop out of the Canyon Oaks Twister, remember: with this body slide, you’ve got to have the guts to propel yourself straight down it!
The new, 6,000 gallon jacuzzi at the River Bluff Water Experience:
During Spring Break and summer, the brand new pavilion and event lawn hosts a huge variety of activities for guests and their kids, providing more space and activities geared toward families than ever before, including:
- an agility boot camp for kids
- morning extreme swim (a friendly competition, swimming backward against the lazy river current, with awards!)
- stargazing with powerful telescopes
- art activities
- Dinosaur George visits
- yoga for kids
- make your own ice cream
- s’mores and more!
Follow Colleen Pence and San Antonio Mom Blogs:
Subscribe to the San Antonio Mom Blogs newsletter and don’t miss any Free Fun in San Antonio!