The University of Texas at San Antonio recently announced its upcoming plans for the new school year. UTSA will go mostly virtual for the fall of 2020 and facemasks will be mandatory for students. In the University of Texas at San Antonio’s official statement, the university explains that all students who want to work remotely are being allowed to do so.
In addition, most of the faculty will also work remotely as UTSA goes mostly virtual. The university is also dedicated to flexibility and accessibility as students and faculty alike journey through this strange time in global history together.
Listed below is a copy of the new guidelines:
All Roadrunners must do their part to minimize the spread of the virus. Every member of the Roadrunner community must do their part and abide by the Roadrunner Pact and the university’s Five Principles for public health.
- All students, staff, and faculty will be required to complete a mandatory compliance training before returning to campus.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required in all public and common spaces on UTSA’s campuses.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting will take place on campus.
In-person instruction will be limited and schedules will be finalized on July 31st.
Classes will commence on August 24, 2020. To continue to slow the spread of coronavirus and protect faculty and students, during the holiday travel season, all instructional activity will be online. This will start after thanksgiving break and continue through the remainder of the fall 2020 semester.
Final exams will also be given online. Residence halls will open and residents will be assigned into “family units” and are encouraged to remain together while dining, studying, and socializing. This measure has been put in place to limit close interactions with outside groups.
Listed below are dates that updates about scheduling will be released.
- July 28: Updates on work modality and campus services.
- July 31: Final course-specific information (modality, location, times) available in ASAP.
- August 24: Fall semester begins.
To learn more about UTSA going mostly virtual, CLICK HERE.