July 4th Weekend is around the corner. The city of San Antonio just announced the list of city services that will be available on the 5th of July. A big thanks to all these people who will be working to ensure that all of us enjoy the long weekend!
List of San Antonio City Services That Will be Available on Monday July 5th
- 3-1-1 Call Center will be operational from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Animal Care Officers will be on duty
Animal Care Services Adoption Center will be open on Monday
- Bitters, Nelson Gardens and Camargo Brush Recycling Open Monday but closed Sunday
- City parks, trails, and select outdoor pools will be open.
- Code Enforcement Officers will be available for inspections and emergency coverage
Dead Animal Collection will have an adjusted schedule
- Downtown parking visitors will enjoy an on-street parking meter holiday
- Fire and EMS personnel will be on duty
- La Villita shops will be open
- Market Square will be open
- Police will be on duty
- Recycling, organics recycling and garbage
- SAPD’s detention center and the magistrate court will remain open
- Select Fitness in the Park classes will be held.
- SWMD Customer Service open from 7:45 – 3:45
List of San Antonio City Services That Will Not be Available on Monday July 5th
- Alamodome Offices and Box Office
- Alamodome COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic will be closed.
- All Metro Health clinics including STD, TB, WIC Clinics and Lactation Support Center
- All Senior/Adult Comprehensive Centers and Senior Nutrition Sites
- Animal Care Services Adoption Center will be closed on Sunday
- Bulky waste collection centers and household hazardous waste sites (Frio City Rd., Rigsby and Culebra) – Not open on any Monday
- Central Library and all branch libraries closed Sundays and Mondays
- Child Care Services administrative offices
- City of San Antonio Community Centers, Adult and Senior Centers, the Natatorium,
- City COVID-19 Testing Sites will be closed
COVID Hotline will be closed both Sunday and Monday.
- McFarlin and Fairchild Tennis Centers and Barrera Community Fitness Center
- Development Services Department
- Head Start administrative offices and school district sites
- Healthy Start and Oral Health will be closed.
- La Villita and Market Square Administrative Offices
- Office of Historic Preservation
- Office of the City Clerk, Passports, Vital Records and Municipal Archives and Records
- Planning Department
- Pre-K 4 SA schools, Pre-K 4 SA enrollment hotline, and corporate office.
- Ron Darner Park Headquarters and Reservations Office
- SAFD Administrative Offices
- San Antonio Municipal Court
- SAPD’s Administration and Records Section
- Solid Waste Administrative Office
- Spanish Governor’s Palace
- Summer Youth Program will be closed at community centers and school sites.
- The Carver Community Cultural Center
- The Darner Headquarters and Park Reservations Office
- Willie Velasquez, Frank Garrett, and Claude Black community centers
There’s a lot going on for July 4th in the San Antonio area. Check out our top picks for parades, music events, fireworks and more to celebrate July 4th in San Antonio.
And to get updates like this one delivered to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search lens icon.