San Antonio Botanical Garden holiday season this year turns even more memorable, as the garden, across its 38 acres, will have a special glow. The magical light displays set, coupled with an illuminated one-mile path winding through the Botanical Garden, will leave the guests enchanted.
Lightscape coming to the San Antonio Botanical Garden this Holiday Season
Lightscape first premiered to sold out crowds in the U.K. and then Chicago and this year will shine throughout the San Antonio Botanical Garden.
Magical light displays set along a beautifully illuminated one-mile path flowing through the Botanical Garden will delight visitors. These mesmerizing illuminations will dazzle the senses, and the exhibition will feature installations produced by local and international artists that are unique to Texas.
The trail itself will offer a one-of-a-kind experience, combining new works like a field of Texas bluebonnets with visitor favorites like the show-stopping Cathedral of Light, a towering cathedral arch tunnel shimmering with 100,000 lights.
Guests will be able to enjoy festive food and drinks, including roasting s’mores, in addition to the mesmerizing light shows.
Lightscape is a truly unforgettable, family-friendly walking event that is ideal for holiday entertainment and get-togethers. Tickets are expected to sell out quickly, so be sure to buy yours soon!
Logistics Details For San Antonio Botanical Garden Holiday Season Feature – Lightscape
As mentioned on the website of San Antonio Botanical Garden.
Event Date and Time
November 19, 2021 – January 2, 2022,*
*Not operating on: November 22, 23, 29, 30; December 6, 7, 13, 14, 24, 25.
Entry times are available every 15 minutes from 5:45 – 9:15 PM
San Antonio Botanical Garden, 555 Funston Place, San Antonio, TX, 78209.
- Adults $23-$25 ($21-$23 member)
- Children (3-12) $16-$18 ($14-$16 member)
- Infants (0-2) Free
To buy tickets, click here.
If you want to drive to Lightscape, you must reserve your parking space in advance. Offsite parking with shuttle is free, and limited onsite VIP parking costs $15. The offsite location is the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) Founders Hall Parking Lots & Garage. You have free and ADA-accessible shuttles available to and from the Botanical Garden throughout the event. Shuttles will arrive every five to ten minutes, and the ride is around five minutes long.
Important Things to Remember
- This is a self-guided walking event, there are no shuttles or tours.
- Please plan to come at the gate 15 minutes before your entry time slot to allow time to park, ride the shuttle, and check-in.
- Please wear an appropriate dress for this outdoor walking experience
- Early entry cannot be accommodated
- Late entry is not guaranteed and may be allowed at the box office discretion
- Food and drink will be available for purchase at the event
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the Botanical Garden
- Guest passes and reciprocal events are not accepted for this special event
- No rainchecks for inclement weather. The event is rain or shine.
About the San Antonio Botanical Garden
The San Antonio Botanical Garden is a non-profit botanical garden. It serves as a living museum of native and imported plant life for visitors to learn from, enjoy, and admire. The park opened in 1980 and serves over 170,000 annual visitors. It takes care of 13 endangered and rare species. Want to know more about the San Antonio Botanical Garden? Click here.
San Antonio has a lot of family-friendly stuff happening throughout the year. Follow our Family Friendly page to stay updated about such events.
And if you want to have these updates delivered directly to your feed, give us a follow on Facebook by clicking the …next to the search lens icon.
- Make plans today – Siempre Selena will not last forever at the McNay Art Museum - July 27, 2021
- Howl-O-Scream is back at SeaWorld this September - July 27, 2021
- All I do is win: H-E-B ranked best in nation for ecommerce experience - July 26, 2021