The best thing about streaming services is that they are meant to help you save money. The average cable package can cost as much as $100 a month. If you’re on a budget, that’s a lot of money to spend if there is a cheaper option. And for a long time, streaming services were a much cheaper option. Of course, as streaming becomes a more common option, some streaming services are beginning to charge more. Luckily, Philo (free 7-day trial) is here to provide the cheapest option in streaming TV!
Philo offers 60 popular TV channels for $20 a month. There are no contracts involved. If you decide you want to cancel, you can click a button, and you won’t be charged again. Prices are so low that you could save around $1,000 a year compared to average cable prices. The reason Philo is able to charge such low prices is that the curated channel lineup is free of local and sports channels. These channels often drive up package prices. Without them, Philo is able to offer some of the most popular cable channels at a serious discount!
What Payment Information is Necessary for the Trial?
To get started with your free 7-day trial, all you need is an email address or a cell phone number. When your trial starts you won’t be required to add any type of payment information. This gives you a few days to really try out Philo. If you like it, that’s great! If not, you won’t have to worry about canceling down the road.
After a few days, you’ll add your payment info. Once you’ve added it your trial will continue. You’ll only be charged if you decide to keep the service after the trial period ends.
What Channels are Included?
Philo offers many of the most popular cable channels. If you’re looking for general entertainment and hit shows, you’re going to love this lineup!
Some of Philo’s 60 channels include:
A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, CMT, Comedy Central, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery, Food Network, Hallmark, Hallmark Drama, Hallmark M&M, HGTV, History, Lifetime, Logo, MTV, Nick Jr, Nickelodeon, OWN, Sundance TV, TLC, VH1, and many other channels!
A couple of add-on options are also available. You can choose from Starz or Epix. Starz comes with multiple channels for $9 a month while EPIX comes with 3 channels for $6/month. Both channel add-ons come with their own weeklong trial.
What Else Comes with Philo?
Philo offers more than just live TV. In fact, they are one of the only streaming services that includes a cloud-based DVR with unlimited storage space! Here is what else you get when you sign up for Philo:
- 3-day replay (this allows you to watch things not normally in the on-demand library for 72-hours after they air live)
- An on-demand library filled with new and older shows and movies
- A cloud-based DVR with unlimited storage
- Make up to 10 profiles for you and your family
- Stream on 3 devices simultaneously
- Watch on iOS and Android devices, computers, Amazon Fire TV devices, Apple TV, and Roku
How Do I Sign Up?
Sign up is simple and it only takes a couple of minutes. Here’s what you can do:
- Sign up for your free 7-day trial at Philo.com
- Use your cell phone number or email to get signed up
- Start watching Philo channels immediately
- If you’re happy add in your payment information
- Add extra channels if you want them
- Enjoy Philo for as long as you want!
Are you a Philo customer or are you considering checking it out? Let us know in the comments!
- Beachbody On Demand Review: Save Money Working Out at Home - January 11, 2021
- San Antonio Spurs TV Schedule: 2020-2021 Listings, Channel, & Stream Guide - December 7, 2020
- The Best Free Job Posting Sites - November 30, 2020