Transportation costs can be one of the costliest expenses for many households living in major metropolitan areas. Here in Texas, our state is so large that getting from one city to another can often mean the need for owning a private car. Luckily for San Antonians and other Texans, a new public transportation startup is coming Texas to offer a new way to get around in the Lone Star State. FlixBus is unveiling a line of green buses that will connect San Antonio to major Texas cities. Even better? Fares will cost just $5 on average.
“We are eager to get more buses on the ground in Texas,” Pierre Gourdain, FlixBus USA managing director, said in a press release. “After the success of our initial launch, it’s clear to us that we’ve tapped into a real desire for an alternative mode of transportation in the south. Our goal now is to continue connecting more communities and get as many cars as we can off the road.”
FlixBus currently offers routes connecting San Antonio Dallas to Fort Worth, Austin, and Houston. Routes will include pick-up and drop-of points near major public transportation hubs like airports and bus stations and will even include routes to nearby states like Louisiana and Mississippi with routes to Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Biloxi. A full listing of FlixBus’ current routes throughout the United States can be found here at their website. Fares will average around $4.99 to most destinations throughout Texas.
Aside from the cheap fares, the best part of FlixBus is without a doubt their commitment to sustainability. All FlixBux buses feature green, all-electric engines and state-of-the-art features like onboard Wi-Fi, entertainment centers, and power outlets.
FlixBus has the following routes currently planned for major metropolitan Texas:
- San Antonio to Austin, Dallas, and Houston
- San Antonio to Austin to Dallas
- Dallas to Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Tyler, and Houston
- Fort Worth to Dallas, Tyler, and Houston
- Fort Worth to Dallas to Tyler
- Austin to San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston
- Houston to Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, and San Antonio
- Briscoe Western Art Museum: Coupons, Prices, Hours, and More - May 22, 2020
- San Antonio Museum of Art: Coupons, Prices, Hours, and More - May 20, 2020
- 2020 Witte Museum Guide: Coupons, Prices, Hours, and More - May 6, 2020