Ben & Jerry’s has released their at-home cookie dough recipe. It’s no secret that quarantine due to the coronavirus has awakened the baker inside many of us that are staying home. Ben & Jerry’s has decided to add fuel to the fire for all their cookie dough loving patrons that have been or are ready to start mixing up delicious treats at home.
Ben & Jerry’s began by releasing their regular chocolate chip flavor, which is very easy to make and only involves seven ingredients but is still different than the average home recipe. One of the main differences is making sure to heat the flour so it’s safe for the consumer, and not to add the egg into the recipe. Ben & Jerry’s releasing some at-home recipes to satisfy the sweet tooth of those in quarantine is a brilliant move that’s been well received. At this rate, we may all be bakers by the end of this pandemic yet.
For those interested, you can find the recipe here, or just keep reading.
8 tbsp. unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. kosher salt
1 cup flour
½ cup chocolate chips
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Total Yield: About 2 cups
1) Gather all your ingredients
2) First, heat treat the flour to ensure it is safe to eat. Do not skip this step, untreated flour can contain contaminants and is not safe to eat. Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the flour reaches 165°F throughout.
3) In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4) Add the vanilla, cream, and salt. Mix to combine. Then add the heat-treated flour and mix to incorporate.
5) Fold in the chocolate chips.
6) Serve and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- H-E-B Removes Purchase Limits on Coveted Toilet Paper - August 7, 2020
- Whataburger Launches Buy One Get One Free Deal to Celebrate 70 Years - August 7, 2020
- H-E-B Listed As One Of The Best Places To Work For Women - August 7, 2020