According to a press release issued by the department store, Kohl’s stores in Texas will reopen on Monday, May 11. Governor Abbott’s most recent order allows some businesses to reopen in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
Malls and retailers began reopening in Texas May 1, when Gov. Greg Abbott allowed them to open at 25% capacity and under recommendations to follow social distancing guidelines. Kohl’s stores closed in March as the virus began to spread and is ready to reopen with safety protocols in place.
According to the press release, “In preparation for a safe reopening, the company has made significant enhancements to the store environment and staff operations to prioritize the health and safety of Kohl’s customers and associates,”
“We are pleased to begin welcoming our customers back to Kohl’s,” said Michelle Gass, Kohl’s chief executive officer. She continues “As we all adjust to a new normal, we will continue to provide the easy and efficient store experience that Kohl’s customers love while implementing many new rigorous procedures that prioritize the safety of our associates and customers.”
Listed below are a few of the many ways that Kohl’s plans to keep its customers and employees safe.
- Kohl’s will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily until further notice.
- Kohl’s is also offering dedicated shopping hours for at-risk individuals including seniors, those who are pregnant or have underlying health conditions every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Customer checkout lanes will be cleaned after each customer transaction, including the sanitation of the pin pad and counter.
- Hand sanitizer will also be readily available at each register and throughout the store for customer use and safety.
- Fitting rooms will be closed until further notice.
- Kohl’s has also suspended the use of beauty testers to reduce and minimize touchpoints.
Photos released by Kohl’s show employees wearing face masks, hand sanitation stations at the front of the store, and markers on the floor for social distancing.
Check out our guide on what’s open now in San Antonio.