JCPenney has reopened in San Antonio. After Gov. Abbott announced a phase-oriented reopening plan for the state of Texas, it is up to each store to decide when to open and how to do so. JCPenney has reopened seven stores across Texas, including one in San Antonio.
On April 27, Governor Greg Abbott announced that restaurants, retail stores, movie theaters, and malls could reopen on May 1, as long as they limit capacity to 25%.
After Gov. Abbott’s announcement, JCPenney explains in a statement that it is taking a “phased approach” to reopening while also working to ensure that employees and customers remain safe. Without patrons to enter their establishments, most department stores were left in a lackluster at best situation. Hopefully, a slow and cautious reopening will keep both employees and patrons safe, while allowing them to work and shop as well.
The following stores in Texas are now open:
- Alamo Ranch Marketplace in San Antonio
- The Parks Mall in Arlington
- Village at Fairview in Fairview
- Shops at Stone Park in Houston
- El Mercado Plaza in El Paso
- Midland Mall in Midland
- Mall del Norte in Laredo
New store hours are Monday-Saturday 12-7 pm and Sunday 11 am-6 pm.
Four other stores in Texas are also open but with curbside only, including North East Mall in Hurst.
A spokesperson states that the stores are they’re following the Centers For Disease Control guidelines and observing new protocols for operations and cleaning.
- Contact-free curbside pickup
- Diligent nightly cleaning of the store
- Social distancing procedures in place, with reminders throughout the store
- Contactless checkout
- Masks provided to each associate
- Extended return policy and a longer time window to use your rewards
- Plexiglass shields at the register
- Associate training on safety practices
“Having closely followed the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we closed our stores to protect the health and safety of you and our associates,” their statement says. “As city and state guidelines evolve, so will our approach to reopening stores.”
- Holiday in the Garden 2021 at Hemisfair Park in Downtown San Antonio - November 29, 2021
- Haunted Houses in San Antonio – Best Haunted Places For 2021 - October 13, 2021
- 25 Best Road Trips from San Antonio – Texas Road Trip Destinations - May 22, 2021