There is good news on the horizon for San Antonio grocery shoppers. H-E-B eases product purchasing limits of several foods. As COVID-19 swept across the nation and government officials enacted shelter in place rules, many grocery stores, including H-E-B, placed product purchasing limits on items. These restrictions were put in place to ensure that grocery store patrons were not buying up excess supplies out of fear but instead purchased a necessary and reasonable amount to prevent shortages.
According to H-E-B’s website, an updated list shows the current product limits as of Monday, April 13.
HEB Product Purchase Limits
- Eggs (smaller than 30 count) – 2 items
- Eggs (30 count and larger) – 1 item
- Pasta Sauce: 4 items
- Rice – 4 items
- Dried Beans – 4 items
- Powdered Milk – 2 items
- Acetaminophen – 2 items total (includes baby, trial and travel sizes, OTC)
- Baby wipes – 2 items
- Sanitary tampons, pads and liners – 2 items
- Incontinence – 2 items
- Puppy Pads – 1 item
- Bath tissue multipack (SA, Gulf, Border, Central TX, W TX, N TX) – 1 item
- Bath tissue single roll (SA, Gulf, Border, Central TX, W TX, N TX) – 2 items
- Bath tissue (Houston area) – 2 items
- Paper towels: 2 items
- Disinfecting & antibacterial sprays – 2 items
- Disinfecting & antibacterial wipes – 2 items
- Trial and travel size disinfecting & antibacterial sprays/wipes – 2 items
- Liquid bleach – 2 items
- Hand sanitizer – 2 items
- Hand soap – 2 items
- Aloe Vera – 2 items (Digestive Health, Skincare/Suncare, Healthy Living)
- Hydrogen peroxide – 2 items
- Rubbing (Isopropyl) Alcohol/swabs – 2 items
- First Aid and Cleaning Gloves – 2 items
- Masks – 2 items
Before H-E-B eased some of their product purchasing limits, there were restrictions on many food products such as chicken, beer, frozen foods, canned foods, bread, and milk. Most of those limits have been removed as grocery store patrons abide by shopping suggestions and only purchase an amount of food that is necessary and reasonable. Limits on baby items, such as formula and diapers, have also been removed.
To see the latest product limits from H-E-B, click here.