The DoSeum is one of San Antonio’s most popular museums for families, and thanks to HEB, families can enjoy free admission on the first Tuesday night of every month.
Free Family Nights are a great chance to experience the numerous great exhibits The DoSeum offers in its mission to help visitors experience “Joyful Learning and Discovery.” Tens of thousands of guests enjoy these free nights each year as the museum makes its abundant educational resources available to all at no cost.
Of course, Free Family Nights do attract large crowds and are a very popular event, particularly during the summer, so there are a few things you should know to get the most out of the experience:
- Arrive early: While Free Family Nights run from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m, The DoSeum starts giving out wristbands at 4 pm at their entrance. Only the first 1,500 guests will be admitted — once all the wristbands are given out, they can’t let anyone else in. So get there EARLY!
- Get free parking before it runs out: Parking is also free at The DosSeum, but again, it is limited and will run out as so many people attend Free Family Nights.
- Don’t come hungry: No outside food is allowed, but the Cafe will be open for purchasing light snacks. Your best is to plan to eat before arriving or after you’ve enjoyed the museum.
- Avoid using oversized strollers if possible: Because the crowds are larger on family nights, The DoSeum suggests limiting the use of large strollers and to only use umbrella strollers inside the museum if possible.
For more details, visit The DoSeum on Facebook.
- Things to Do in San Antonio This Weekend (July 10-12): Free and Cheap Events - July 10, 2020
- Boerne Lake: Everything You Need to Know - July 8, 2020
- Don’t Miss Diva Night in Boerne, TX for a Girls Night Out - June 25, 2020