As a SeaWorld Wildside blogger, I was invited to AdventureCon for Texas parenting bloggers at Aquatica and SeaWorld Texas. I received complimentary admission to the conference which included food, drinks, quick queue passes, and free conference sessions. I was not asked to write, photograph, or film anything. All opinions are mine.
Earlier this month I attended my second AdventureCon blogging conference at SeaWorld Texas here in San Antonio. A blogger reunion weekend filled with Shamu, blogging, and all of my Texas blogger friends? Heck ya, I look forward to it all year long!
SeaWorld Texas invites bloggers to their park throughout the year to learn about their new shows, the amazing animals for which they care, and their conservation efforts. But, since starting the Wildside Blogger program back in 2009, a second goal of creators Kami Huyse and Julie Pippert was to cultivate a community of Texas parenting bloggers who would get to know and learn from one another. AdventureCon brings all of that together along with the joy and excitement of playing in America’s best theme park (Yes, I’m biased but have you been to SeaWorld or Aquatica lately? There truly is something for everyone of every age to enjoy.).
AdventureCon is unlike any blogging conference I’ve ever attended before. It’s a mix of educational sessions by renowned speakers and fun exploring the park with family and friends. What better way to get to know what SeaWorld is all about than to experience it–all–over one summer weekend?
Speakers at AdventureCon this year included:
- Magaly Chocano with Sweb Development who talked about mobile apps and blogs.
- Photographers Nan Palmero, Bob French, Sarah Hubbell who shared their wealth of experience during a session and on photo walks throughout the parks.
- Ashley O’Neill, writer and the editor in chief for The Savvy Source, who encouraged attendees to think and work like an editor on their blogs.
- Kami Huyse, a PR and social media consultant (and AdventureCon creator, along with Julie Pippert), who recommended the best ways for bloggers to work with brands.
- And, the attendees themselves who listed, during a round robin-format, their favorite apps, tools, and blogging advice.
I’ll share my favorite blogging tips and secrets learned at AdventureCon this year in an upcoming post. But, for now, I want you to experience AdventureCon first-hand. I’m learning iMovie (finally!), so you get a front-row seat for my cinematic debut: AdventureCon13. Go easy on me. It took me HOURS to create (Seriously. Don’t laugh.). And I didn’t know I couldn’t use licensed music so I originally edited this flick to the perfectly-suited background sound of Our House by Madness. Thankfully, I’ve got great AdventureCon friends who gently explained that
I was a doofus what I created wasn’t “legal.” So, royalty-free, canned music, it is! Go easy on me. I’m kind of broken up that Hollywood isn’t breaking down my door yet.
Are you a San Antonio mom blogger who’s interested in attending AdventureCon next year? Leave a comment with your name and your blog’s URL (or send me a private message) and I’ll be sure to submit you and your blog to SeaWorld for consideration to attend next year’s AdventureCon!
Thanks to SeaWorld, Brian Carter, Mason Rodriguez, Kami Huyse, and Julie Pippert for inviting me to AdventureCon and for bringing together this incredibly talented and wonderful group of Texas parenting bloggers!
- San Antonio Splash Pads, Pools, and Water Parks (2020 Guide) - May 26, 2020
- Natural Bridge Caverns: Coupons, Prices, Hours, and More - May 25, 2020
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Coupons, Prices, Hours, and More - May 13, 2020